Thursday, April 2, 2009

An HOB SOB

HELLO YOUNG WORLD!  Welcome to the first of what will be many accounts of the way I see it.  "Who am I?" you might be asking.  Believe me, I was thinking the same thing.  Excuse me for not introducing myself.  My name is Daniel J. Hardaway.  Born and raised in beautiful Houston, Texas, now living in the wonderful city of Dallas.  Those from Texas may view the vibe of these two cities as night and day, but I find a way.  Throughout this journey, for that is essentially what this "blog" is, you may find amusing commentary, random reflections, bold declarations, and hopefully, I'll find...myself. 
Isn't that the point?  You live, you learn, and thoughts form within your mind.  Too many can drive a man insane, so it helps to have a means by which to release and reflect, but I don't want to bore you with the "heavy" stuff.  Right now, I'm caught in a moment that will be most definitely etched in my memory.  I'm currently writing this from my friend and musical brother, Evan's house.  We're in a band called the Boss Level, and tonight we perform @ none other than one of my many favorite musical sanctuaries, the House of Blues.
This Houston location is fairly new, but being able to rock the stage tonight is still somewhat surreal.  I'm sure it will hit me onstage, and now is not the time to dig into the origin of the Boss Level.  All that's necessary to know is we're a fairly young band & this is a big opportunity.  So glad we've made it, but now's the time to make it and own it.  All in all, it just does this music lover's heart some real intense good to be able to share my love with my friends and family all where everything began for me...CLUTCH CITY BABY !!!
It seemed appropriate to start something new on such an occasion, so here's a toast to coming home.  Damn, it feels good.


I'll leave you with a few recent random thoughts...

  -Luling City Market is the best smoked sausage in the world.  If you know that, you know me.

  -"Loop, Swoop, & Pull" is not only the most effective shoe tying method, but possibly the next D-Town Boogie craze.  "Bunny Ears" method is simply a cute ploy to teach kids who suffer from ADD. 

  -I love the Rockets, but I don't know if I can stomach another first round playoff match up against the Utah Jazz.  I love jazz, but not the Utah Jazz.  There isn't even Jazz in Utah, and if there is...then I'm sure it sucks!

  -Music is oh so amazing.  (This thought isn't that random.  It appears frequently in my mind.  Stay tuned for my top 20 albums of all time list!)

No comments:

Post a Comment