Thursday, February 11, 2010

Political Rant


{TAKEN FROM A NOTE I WROTE ON FACEBOOK}

I came across an article on Yahoo! about Fox News' newest "Infotainment" correspondent...Sarah Palin. She was reportedly asking for Rahm Emmanuel's resignation for the use of the word "retarded" to describe a tactic used by a liberal special interest group against Conservative Democrats not supportive of healthcare reform. Palin went on to write an entry in her blog called "Are You Capable of Decency? Rahm Emmanuel." I won't get into the details, but the comments left on her facebook blog entry were entertaining, saddening, & frustrating to say the least. I wanted to post a comment myself, but once things got rolling my words were far too much for a single comment (& I didn't want to be bothered reading the responses in my email), so I decided to make it a note instead. Just some food for thought...enjoy.


-I guess we should change the terms "handicap" in golf & "ritard" in music notation, so that no member of the human race can be offended. Despite all that Palin (and much of the people here that have commented) say...EVERYONE has thought, said, & have acted in a manner that supports stereotypes & are politically incorrect in nature. Hell, I & the NAACP could call for Sarah Palin's head for daring to compare this improper choice of words to describe a political tactic to that of a racial slur unjustly placed upon the people of my ancestry, but I wouldn't & I wont...because that would be utterly idiotic.
Perhaps, almost as stupid as all of the silly party politics that have had this country stuck in neutral & aimless for so long. United we stand...divided we fall, so cliche...yet so appropriate. For, as long as we blindly hold onto partisan politics we'll continue to bicker amongst ourselves about something as inane as someone's word choices in a country that is supposed to have freedom of speech.
And as we're distracted by hurt feelings, not sticks, stones, or broken bones, our politicians can continue to enjoy the perks of a career that's privately funded (thanks Supreme Court), such as gifts from special interests for earmarks in legislation that hinder all legislative progress & being overpaid by 30% for doing nothing (bunch-o'-fillibusters). All of this, while so many members of their own constituency are jobless, underpaid, or lack simple health benefits.


God bless America...& God help us all.


{FOOTNOTE}
In the weeks following these events, Sarah Palin was paid $100, 000 to speak at a Tea Party Event. Being the consumate professional that she is, she presented few ideas & needed to write notes on her hand such as "Budget/Tax Cuts & Lift American Spirits." ON HER HAND!!!! So inspirational. My college speech professor would've been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment